Stafford,Uttoxeter Railway Allan C Baker, Mike G Fell Staffordshire LMS
The 12.5 mile Stafford & Uttoxeter Railway opened in 1867 and had running powers from Bromshall Junction into the North Staffordshire Railway station at Uttoxeter. At the other end of the line the S&UR, with the agreement of the L&NWR, accessed Stafford Station which was also used by NSR trains.
The narrative describes the personalities, operation and traffic of the S&UR, and examines the industries served by the railway, including the extensive salt works located at Stafford Common. The former S&UR lost its passenger service in 1939 but the line survived to become nationalised, the through link finally closing in 1951.