The Cathcart Railway was opened in 1886, before most of the homes it now
serves were built. With a length of eight miles from Glasgow Central to
Glasgow Central, it was operated by the Caledonian Railway from opening
until grouping. Jack Kernahan provides a history of the line from the
first plans until the present day, including motive power and rolling
stock, electrification, track layout and signalling, and the role of the
line in popular folklore. The text has been thoroughly updated for this
second edition, with additional appendices, photographs and plans.
Published in conjunction with the Caledonian Railway Association. 160 pages hardback.